2022 - Release 1
2021 - Release 1
- Updated with the latest PCI-DSS v3.2.1 certifications
- The renewed attentions are now visible through the booking confirm page and footer
- Revised modern credit card logos have been updated to reflect the latest branding form Master Card, VISA and American Express
2020 - Release 1
- Enabled Booking and Shopping payment retry option based on revised payment gateway message updates for cases referring to critical payment gateway response errors that do not belong in the “Manual Payment” category
- Enabled CMS dynamic Retry messages displaying on Booking and Shopping Confirmation, giving guests the chance to re-enter their credit card details and confirm their booking or shopping
- Messages can be found under UIBSclearing.
We have developed an out of band security and compatibility update for all UIBSclearing payment service to ensure the following new technologies are met by both the guests client devices and browsers as well as the server communication between the hosted severs and the payment clearing providers.
In detail, the following technology parts are updated:
- Back-End code provision to support the latest security updates for the communication between the Azure Hosting service that supports the websites as well as the end to end communication between the hosting service and the third party payment clearing service (JCC, PayPal, SIX, etc) with TLS 1.2 industry standard (from TLS 1.1) Standard. Both are compatible but it is expected the phasing out of TLS 1.1 in 2020.
- Extended support for Apple IOS 12 versions that appear to have resiliency, as many iPhone users are not updating their iPhones to IOS 13. IOS 12 with Safari has a bug concerning the SameSite Cookie attribute that disallows modern websites from rendering in same cases https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=198181
- Front end code provision to separate payment booking objects from payment object during the final checkout process. This is a new change to separate the 2 processes in order to provide the expected elasticity and data communication in case the communication between the third party payment clearing service and the guests browser is unavailable or disrupted for any reason during the check-out process and specifically after guests enters their credit card and press the confirm button.
- With the new update the booking details are captured in regardless of the credit card clearing result
- If the clearing service provides a confirmed response for available funds then the booking is marked/labeled with: Confirmed under Central Reservations>Bookings>Credit Card
UIBSclearing automated workflow add-on | 2019 - Release 1
- UIBSclearing now offers retry option logic after 3 failed payment attempts for manual bookings
- New option to pay through "My Stays" after the 3 failed payment attempts
- Send reminders to guests that their payment is still pending to avoid booking cancellation based on the upcoming manual payment web bookings
- Send reminders to the guests that their payment is still pending to avoid booking cancellation based on the upcoming manual payment PMS bookings
2019 - Release 1
New validators, UI and UX improvements during payment process are now used to avoid human error and mistyping.
- Valid credit card icons
- Renamed credit card titles to reflect the actual content displayed on the physical card
- Separated month and year with a slash ( / ) to avoid confusion of users on the UX
- Renamed and changed front-end error validations and added new error validation on the valid through / expired date that was missing
- Optimize back-end code to clear all credit card pre-set values to null
- Optimize back-end code to check credit card digits
- Introduce new code to validate:
Most importantly we changed the expiration dates from being-preselected with current month and current year to be null and force the user to enter these dates accurately when any feature or update is changed on the check-out page prior to confirmation
Fixed a UX issue that although the credit card and CVV was persistent after a page refresh the expiration date was not persistent and it was defaulted back to current month and date without any visible element
- Credit card numbers
- Expiration dates
- Missing CVV/CV2