Version 2023 - Release 1.0
Expected on: April 20, 2023
When API connectivity is not possible, some travel websites use a simple calendar file format called iCal.
The iCal format is primarily used for homes such as villas and apartments. However, technically it can also be applied to single hotel room types.
The reason is because the format has some limitation:
- It does not contain pricing information.
- It contains data only for SOLD OUT days. All other days are considered AVAILABLE.
- It is not possible to enforce rules like min/max stay, no check-in/out, etc.
- It is pull-only. That means that the website that uses it is responsible for calling our endpoint and syncing the information on a periodic basis. Most websites also pull one more time just before booking — to avoid risk of overbooking — however there are no transactional guarantees.
- Dynamic pricing rules are not considered.
Among many others, iCal is supported by the following websites/channels:
- Loving Apartments
- Owners Direct
- Way to Stay
When no other integration options are available, you should only use iCal in vacation rental listing websites for best results.