New validators, UI and UX improvements during payment process are now used to avoid human error and mistyping.
- Valid credit card icons
- Renamed credit card titles to reflect the actual content displayed on the physical card
- Separated month and year with a slash ( / ) to avoid confusion of users on the UX
- Renamed and changed front-end error validations and added new error validation on the valid through / expired date that was missing
- Optimize back-end code to clear all credit card pre-set values to null
- Optimize back-end code to check credit card digits
- Introduce new code to validate:
Most importantly we changed the expiration dates from being-preselected with current month and current year to be null and force the user to enter these dates accurately when any feature or update is changed on the check-out page prior to confirmation
Fixed a UX issue that although the credit card and CVV was persistent after a page refresh the expiration date was not persistent and it was defaulted back to current month and date without any visible element.
- Credit card numbers
- Expiration dates
- Missing CVV/CV2